Victim Advocate (Sexual Assault Victim Services - RCC)
Application Deadline: August 25, 2023 Location: Irvine, California, United States
VICTIM ADVOCATE (Sexual Assault Victim Services - RCC)
Victim Assistance Programs – Irvine. F/T, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. Must be available for on-call rotation for 24-hour response and emergency calls. Remote work from home available.
- Respond to victims of sexual assault and their families as required to mitigate the impact of the victimization and/or the case investigation and court appearance.
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term counseling, referrals, and accompaniment services.
- Collaborate with local detention facilities, PREA Coordinators and other community partners to provide and improve services to incarcerated survivors and bridging gaps in services so PREA standards are met.
- Facilitate PREA trainings to community partners and take a lead in the on-going development of services available to incarcerated survivors while collaborating with fellow rape crisis center peers.
- Provide PREA or community education as requested to educate on accessibility to victim centered PREA services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral science, criminal justice, or related field. Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system and victimology.
- 1-3 years of related experience in a position involving the provision of victim services, peer counseling, equivalent social skills, and program administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations.
- Must be available to be on rotation for 24-hour response and emergency calls.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, and a satisfactory driving record.
Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Vietnamese required.
Starting salary range: $22.45 - $23.52 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.