Victim Advocate Human Trafficking (VAP)
Application Deadline: July 01, 2023 Location: Irvine, California, United States
VAP – Human Trafficking - Irvine. F/T, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm; Rotate on-call
- Responsible for the provision of assistance to victims of human trafficking to mitigate the impact of victimization.
- Will be on rotation to respond to client emergencies, calls from law enforcement, and through the National Human Trafficking Hotline.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, criminal justice or related field and a basic knowledge of the criminal justice system and victimology.
- Requires up to two years of related experience working with people in a position involving the provision of victim services, peer counseling, equivalent social skills, and program administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, satisfactory driving record, and a reliable automobile.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Starting pay range: $21.38 - $23.52 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.