Victim Advocate (Central Justice Center)
Application Deadline: August 25, 2023 Location: Santa Ana, California, United States
VICTIM ADVOCATE (CJC)
Victim Assistance Programs – Central Justice Center. Santa Ana, CA. F/T, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
- Provide assistance to victims of crime and witnesses as required to mitigate the impact of the victimization.
- Conduct case investigation and/or court appearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in behavioral science, criminal justice, or related field.
- 2 years of related experience working with people in a position involving the provision of victim services, peer counseling, equivalent social skills, and program administration.
- Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system and victimology.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, satisfactory driving record and a reliable automobile.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Starting pay range: $21.38 - $22.45 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.