Senior Staff Accountant - Hybrid remote (CORP)
Application Deadline: March 31, 2023 Location: Santa Ana, CA United States
Senior Staff Accountant (CORP) **Hybrid Remote **
Santa Ana. F/T, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(This position will participate in a hybrid work environment where employees are able to work 2 days/week remotely.)
Reconciliations and Month End Reporting
- Review general ledger account balances and perform analytical procedures to correct, as needed; prepare accurate and timely journal entries.
- Completes and prepares account reconciliations, including bank accounts and balance sheet accounts.
- Prepares fixed asset schedules and reviews accounts for capitalization.
- Assists the Controller and Accounting Supervisor with the month-end and year-end closing process.
Finance, Debt & Investments
- Reconciles any investment activities for the period.
- Analyzes all debt, notes payable and mortgage accounts and post any unrecorded interest and principal outstanding; reconciles to statements received from source(s) of financing.
- Calculates short-term and long-term, as well as 5-year maturity schedules required for financial reporting.
- Maintain schedule of restricted and unrestricted net assets.
- Obtain any required documentation to support restrictions, releases from restrictions, etc.
- Prepare any required adjustments to restricted/unrestricted net assets.
- Prepare footnotes and supporting schedules financial reporting.
- Supports grant audits and annual audits as requested.
- Complete tasks as assigned for the month end close process.
- Preparation of business property tax filings.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree required in Accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years of related accounting experience, preferably in grant-based or cost center- based accounting.
- Experience with budgeting and financial control and government reimbursement claims.
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel and knowledge of server-based accounting software applications. Requires an excellent analytical ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with directors, program directors and funding source contract managers.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, and a satisfactory driving record.
Starting pay range: $31.00 - $32.75 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.