Restitution Specialist - HJC (VAP)
Application Deadline: June 30, 2023 Location: Newport Beach, California, United States
Victim Assistance Programs - Harbor Justice Center - F/T, Monday - Friday, 8am - 5pm
- Work in Superior Court Victim/Witness Center to determine and collect court-ordered restitution payments for crime victims.
- Assess victim claims and verify amount of restitution.
- Maintain client files and compile program data.
- High School Diploma.
- Excellent administrative, time management, and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate good customer service skills and good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations, including both victims and defendants.
- Experience collecting and processing payments and/or experience working with people in a human service setting preferred.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Starting Salary Range: $18.59 - $19.52 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.