Application Deadline: December 31, 2023 --- Location: Huntington Beach/Laguna Beach/Tustin, United States
CCRP & TAY CRP/Youth Shelters - Tustin/Huntington Beach/Laguna Beach, On-Call 24/7 for crisis support.
- Provide a therapeutic home-like setting for short-term crisis intervention for children ages 11- 17 and transitional age adults 18-25, with a goal of stabilizing immediate mental health crisis.
- Provide a “safe respite” and immediate services to adults displaying behaviors or a history indicative of Serious Emotional Disturbance, experiencing significant familial conflict, and at-risk of hospitalization and/or out-of-home placement.
- Provide individual, family, and group therapy services to youth and adults, and as needed for after-care follow-up.
- Services include clinical assessments with DSM 5 diagnostics, short-term therapy, behavior modification, crisis intervention, linkage to after-care supports, case management and coordination of care under the clinical supervision of a licensed professional.
- Minimum caseload of 6 clients and 100 direct service hours per month.
- After hire must become LPS designated to write 5150 holds.
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work, or related field.
- Knowledge of theory and experience with techniques of individual, family, and group dynamics, behavioral interventions, substance abuse, crisis intervention, trauma-focused and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Possession of a current intern, associate or license number with the BBS.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- First Aid and CPR certifications, health screen, and negative TB test result.
- LiveScan fingerprinting and criminal records clearance and compliance with Community Care Licensing Title 22 Adult Residential Facility regulations.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet clients’ needs and organizational deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Effectively manage crisis situations.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and satisfactory driving record.
Starting pay rate: $35.96 hourly
Waymakers is a "Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer."
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.