Health Educator *Hybrid
Application Deadline: January 31, 2023 Location: Irvine, California 92602
Project Path – Youth Substance Use Program – Irvine, F/T, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm.
(This position will participate in a hybrid work environment where employees are able to work both from home and our office in Irvine.)
- Provide community health education and technical assistance on alcohol, tobacco and other drug related issues.
- Develop, coordinate, and implement youth substance use prevention programs through youth-led leadership activities, organize a community coalition, and outreach to off-sale retail establishments.
- Serve as a community resource and supports collaborative partners by planning and developing educational and promotional materials (presentations, handouts, flyers, etc) participating in and facilitating community meetings and events such as task forces, coalitions, and health fairs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Science or related field.
- Knowledge in health education theories related to prevention strategies and activities. CHES preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and the needs of special populations.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, satisfactory driving record, and a reliable automobile.
Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Starting pay range: $22.00 - $23.10 per hour
Waymakers is a "Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer."
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.