Victim Advocate (Sexual Assault Victim Services - CJC)
Application Deadline: December 29, 2023 - Location: Santa Ana, California, United States
VICTIM ADVOCATE (Sexual Assault Victim Services - CJC)
VAP – Santa Ana. F/T, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm. Must be available for on-call rotation for 24-hour response and emergency calls. Remote work from home available.
- Respond to victims of sexual assault and their families as required to mitigate the impact of the victimization and/or the case investigation and court appearance.
- Provide crisis intervention, short-term counseling, referrals, and accompaniment services.
- Assist in supporting the 24-hour sexual assault crisis hotline.
- Bachelor’s Degree in behavioral science, criminal justice, or related field. Basic knowledge of the criminal justice system and victimology.
- 1-3 years of related experience in a position involving the provision of victim services, peer counseling, equivalent social skills, and program administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and organizational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations.
- Must be available to be on rotation for 24-hour response and emergency calls.
- Valid California driver’s license, liability insurance meeting minimum state requirements, and a satisfactory driving record.
Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Starting pay range: $22.45 - $23.52 hourly
Waymakers is a "Public Student Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) qualified employer."
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.