Peer Support Partner (YOW)
Application Deadline: February 4, 2023 Location: Santa Ana, California, United States
PEER SUPPORT PARTNER (Youthful Offender Wraparound)
Santa Ana – F/T. (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm).
- Work with youth involved with the Juvenile Probation and/or Juvenile Recovery Court to build ongoing permanent relationships for the purpose of promoting recovery, success, safety, and permanence in the home, school, workforce and community.
- Utilize own personal lived experience in having themselves or a family member involved with the Juvenile Justice System or recovery process and provide mentorship to encourage youth to actively participate in the planning of decisions and activities affecting their well-being that lead to positive change.
- Lead the Consumer Advisory Council and Alumni group of consumers who have successfully completed the program and provides peer mentorship to currently enrolled consumers.
- High School Diploma.
- experience and/or education providing the qualifying knowledge, skills and abilities.
- College coursework in psychology, education, sociology or related human-services field preferred.
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor preferred.
- Lived experience in having a family member, preferably a parent of a youth, receiving mental health or restorative justice rehabilitation services.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a multicultural and diverse population.
- Must be able to work with a diverse consumer base.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Starting pay rate: $24.75 - $25.99 per hour
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.