Grant Accountant - Hybrid remote (CORP)
Application Deadline: May 31, 2023 Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
Grant Accountant - Hybrid remote
Corporate. Santa Ana. F/T, Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
(This position will participate in a hybrid work environment where employees are able to work 2 days/week remotely.)
Contracts and Grants:
- Prepare reimbursement claims and invoices for assigned grants including major, complex grants.
- Resolve claim-related issues and monitors related cash receipts.
- Work closely with Directors, Program Directors, Finance Director, Controller, and Budget and Financial Control Manager regarding claim-related matters.
- Communicate with staff of Funding Sources to resolve claims and invoicing or billing-related issues.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in accordance to GAAP and any funding source requirements.
- Generate and reviews trend analysis report for all assigned grants.
- Analyzes grant expenditures and reconciles to general ledger.
- Monitor spending variances to budgets and assists in budget modifications.
- Maintain updated projections for all assigned grants.
- Coordinate annual contract closeout processes and prepares all related calculations and reconciliations.
General Accounting and Month End Close:
- Support grant audits and annual audits as requested.
- Complete tasks as assigned for month end close process.
- Complete other accounting tasks as assigned for month end close process.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Accounting and 3-5 years of related accounting experience, preferably in grant- based or cost center-based accounting.
- Knowledge of claims and invoicing for government contracts.
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel and knowledge of server-based accounting software applications. Requires an excellent analytical ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with directors, program directors and funding source contract managers.
Starting pay range: $58,240.00 - $65,000.00/annually
Equal Opportunity Employer
Waymakers is an equal opportunity employer who is committed to and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state and/or local laws.