Tutor/Youth Specialist II (Laguna Beach Youth Shelter)
Application Deadline: November 30, 2021
Location: Laguna Beach, CA, United States
TUTOR/YOUTH SPECIALIST II (Laguna Beach Youth Shelter) – F/T.
- Work with youth shelter residents ages 11-17, grades 5-12, to help them meet their academic needs.
- Coordinate with local middle and high schools to design and implement appropriate curriculum and activities for residents.
- Supervise study hall periods according to Youth Shelter’s schedule.
- Assume responsibility for daily operations of adolescent youth shelter program.
- Organize and implement group activities by working in conjunction with other youth specialists.
- Supervise adolescents and provide crisis intervention.
- Interact with OCDE and perform community outreach as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Human Services, Psychology, Social Sciences, or related field and 2 years of related experience.
- Must be willing to work evening, weekend, and graveyard shifts as needed.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.