Work Experience Job Coach (Youthful Offender Wraparound)
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
WORK EXPERIENCE JOB COACH (Youthful Offender Wraparound - Santa Ana) – P/T (20 hours/week).
- Contact all non-profit and for profit companies in Orange County to promote a Work Experience Program as an opportunity to financially and charitably benefit from using consumers as interns in their company and reimbursing the company for the labor and payroll costs.
- Support the Business Owner by educating the site on mental health issues with placed consumers, providing on-site training for the internship position and assisting with timely invoicing. Support the consumer and/or their family member placed by coaching on how to behave professionally in the work force and leverage their marketable experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Counseling, Human Services, Industrial Psychology, Business or related degree.
- Skill in solving employment related problems; ability to train and mentor others; ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; understand the needs of disadvantaged youth who face serious challenges to employment; work in a team environment and understand techniques for public and private industry job developing and sales techniques.
- Customer service experience is essential.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with a multicultural and diverse population.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Must be able to work with a diverse consumer base.