Grant Accountant (Corporate Administration)
Application Deadline: October 31, 2021
Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
GRANT ACCOUNTANT (Corporate Administration - Santa Ana) – F/T. (Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm).
- Contracts and Grants: Prepare reimbursement claims and invoices for assigned grants including major, complex grants.
- Resolve claim-related issues and monitors related cash receipts.
- Work closely with Directors, Program Directors, Finance Director, Controller, and Budget and Financial Control Manager regarding claim-related matters.
- Communicate with staff of Funding Sources to resolve claims and invoicing or billing-related issues.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in accordance to GAAP and any funding source requirements.
- Generate and review trend analysis report for all assigned grants. Analyze grant expenditures and reconcile to general ledger.
- Monitor spending variances to budgets and assist in budget modifications.
- Maintain updated projections for all assigned grants.
- Coordinate annual contract closeout processes and prepares all related calculations and reconciliations.
- General Accounting and Month End Close: Support grant audits and annual audits as requested.
- Complete tasks as assigned for month end close process.
- Complete other accounting tasks as assigned for month end close process.
- Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field.
- 3-5 years of related accounting experience, preferably in grant-based or cost center-based accounting.
- Thorough knowledge of claims and invoicing for government contracts.
- Working experience with Microsoft Excel and knowledge of server-based accounting software applications.
- Excellent analytical ability.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with directors, program directors and funding source contract managers.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.