Career and Education Specialist (Youthful Offender Wraparound)
Application Deadline: July 31, 2021
Location: Fountain Valley, CA, United States
CAREER AND EDUCATION SPECIALIST (Youthful Offender Wraparound – Fountain Valley) – F/T. (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm).
- Provide occupational assessments, employment eligibility determinations, career counseling, job placements, local business coordination, work experience programs, plans and hosts events with activities that promote career and education development, career and education workshops, provides workshops and psycho-educational groups, assistance with meeting general education completion, and chart documentation associated with the administration and delivery of employment training programs to youth.
- Coordinate services with the client’s treatment team and documents all rehabilitation services to clients.
- Requirements include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in education counseling, human resources, liberal arts, human services or related degree.
- Knowledge and experience in career counseling; knowledge of pre-employment work maturity skills; knowledge of child labor laws; skill in solving employment related problems; general knowledge of public employment and training programs; knowledge of general education requirements and completion; knowledge of vocational training programs.
- Ability to keep accurate statistical records and communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand the needs of disadvantaged youth who face serious challenges to employment; work in a team environment and understand techniques for public and private industry job developing and sales techniques; good written and communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with a diverse multicultural/ethnic population with sensitivity and respect.
- Must be able to work with a diverse consumer base.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.