Clinician/Counselor II (Collaborative Courts)
Application Deadline: May 31, 2021
Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
CLINICIAN/COUNSELOR II (Collaborative Courts - Santa Ana) – F/T. (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm, On-call 24/7 for crisis support).
- Incorporate a whatever-it-takes approach in the Recovery Model and a wraparound philosophy, to provide individual, family and group counseling promoting wellness and recovery.
- Conduct initial intakes, develop clinical assessments with a DSM5 diagnosis, measurable treatment plans, and assists clients, caretakers and FSP team in goal achievement and implementation of behavior modification plans.
- Provide parent education, intervene therapeutically when a consumer is experiencing behavioral/emotional difficulties, crisis intervention and safety planning and coordination of care with FSP team.
- Provide timely documentation of these services for transitional age youth 12-25 and their families with mental illness and are involved in the juvenile justice system.
- Services are provided within juvenile justice institutions, in-home and community based locations.
- Requirements include:
- Master’s Degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field.
- Possession of a current intern number with BBS on the MFT/LCSW track.
- 1 year related experience or post graduate, clinically supervised hours.
- Counseling experience with children, adolescents and families required. Knowledge of theory and techniques of individual, family, and group dynamics, behavioral interventions, substance abuse, crisis intervention and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Ability to work with a diverse multicultural/ethnic population with sensitivity and respect.
- Must be available for on-call coverage for after-hours emergencies.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.