Mental Health Services Coordinator (Families First)
Application Deadline: September 30, 2021
Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES COORDINATOR (Families First – Santa Ana) – F/T. (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm and available for occasional on-call coverage for after-hours emergencies and 24/7 crisis support).
- Bring strong clinical knowledge to an outpatient clinic setting that offers individual, group, and family therapy, as well as skills groups which encourage positive interaction and self expression.
- Use creativity, innovation and energy to help youth aged 0-21 years make their way past conflict and crisis to a place of strength and stability.
- Provide administrative oversight to Bachelor's level Mental Health Workers and review mental health rehabilitation and case management documentation for Medi-Cal charting as well as completes chart reviews for compliance.
- Provide therapy and documentation to a partial caseload of youth and their families.
- Master’s degree in counseling, psychology, social work or related field and possession of a current License with BBS as an LMFT or LCSW.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in family and child counseling.
- Knowledge of theory and techniques of individual, family, and group dynamics, behavioral interventions, substance abuse, crisis intervention and cognitive behavioral approaches.
- Ability to establish rapport, make accurate assessment of the family’s needs, assist the family in accessing and utilizing the resource, good written and communication skills and demonstrates the ability to work with a diverse multicultural/ethnic population with sensitivity and respect.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills and organizational skills.
- Must be available for occasional on-call coverage for after-hours emergencies and 24/7 crisis support.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.