Transition Coordinator (CCFSP)
Application Deadline: December 31, 2020
Location: Santa Ana, CA, United States
TRANSITION COORDINATOR (CCFSP – Santa Ana) – F/T. (Monday-Friday, 9am-6pm and available for after-hours emergencies).
- Provide in-home mental health rehabilitation services to youth involved in the Juvenile Justice system.
- Assist youth in acquiring healthy social skills, positive decision making skills, school completion, career readiness, independent living skills and conflict resolution skills to reduce recidivism and promote success, safety, wellness, recovery and permanence in the home, school, workforce and community.
- Work directly with consumers, ages 12-25, assisting them with daily activities related to their Care Plan to become inter-dependent, self-reliant and successful.
- Documentation of any service provided is required daily. Maintain a “whatever it takes” approach to resolving challenges, encouraging and assisting consumers to focus on meeting their goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, criminology or related discipline.
- Ability to establish rapport, make accurate assessment of a youth and family’s needs, assist the youth and family in practicing coping skills taught, good written and communication skills and demonstrates the ability to work with a multicultural and diverse population with sensitivity and respect.
- Must be available for after-hours emergencies with 24/7 capability to respond via agency issued cell phone.
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.